7:57AM and Saturday morning (kinda obvious, huh?)...and really nothing to write about...except that I'm not in any hurt or pain this morning from work...just a lil tired...but, I guess that's kinda normal after being at work for a few hours, bustin' ass...
So, I got Drive-By Truckers playing in the background (well, actully, I'm playing it on the computer, so, it's more kinda frontish than backgroundish)...They're singing about Bon Scott and how he sang "Let There Be Rock" once, back in the time...it's a live-recording of their Southern Rock Opera album...from January of 2002...
This is a band I just love to listen to, since pretty much all of their stuff has catchy tunes and funny, wellthought, deep lyrics too the music...just a good ol' rockin' band, really...in the vein of Neil Young and Lynyrd Skynyrd...but with a lil twist of that special DBT sound...
Can't wait to start play music myself again...I just got to get hold of an guitar and an amplifier and a practice place would be pretty cool to have also...THEN we're good to go...shouldn't be long now...I get my paycheck on the 15:th...and a pretty big chunk of that green will go on the requested aforementioned items...
Now, at this time it's me and the drummer...maybe even the singer...we'll see about that part...but, the singer seemed kinda keen to get going again, so...
Only missing is the bass-player...and maybe a lead guitar...we'll see what noize we can make without these for starters...heh...
When it comes to guitar playing, I seem to be more of a postpunk rocker at these times...especially old Cure and Joy Division and stuff like that...but, I like to rock out, play fast punkrockers and such, you know, the whole Ramones deal...although, I've been into the more alternative rockscene as well...Grunge and what followed it's footsteps...even the rock-boom that came along Y2K...but, if I had a choice to play whatever...it would be that postpunkish stuff...but, in a band, selflessness only takes you so far, since there's always 3-4 other guys who wants to play THEIR shitty crap also, that mostly totally sucks...hehe...
SO, I guess we just play pure ol' 3-chord fast punkrock...and go from there...(moving slower and slower towards postish punk...hehe)...well, that should satisfy most of the kids in the band, for starters...Me myself just wanna go nuts for a while and see where it leads and where we can take this shitty crap to...
OK, this shit has taken me 30 minutes to get down "on paper"...and I really haven't said anything worth mentioning...but...that's the story for the day...hope you enjoyed it...
Laters...
lördag 6 oktober 2007
DBT SRO Live 2002 & Own Band
Etiketter:
Bon Scott,
Drive-By Truckers,
Joy Division,
Lynyrd Skynyrd,
Neil Young,
own band,
the cure,
work
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar