tisdag 2 oktober 2007

Random Music Rant

I just recieved an e-mail from my X-wife with a bunch of new songs of her fave band Vallejo (from Texas)...I have to say that their music is really appealing, since it's feel good party music and you just can't be down when listening to them...impossible...

Otherwise I've been listening to Nick Drakes 3 albums tonight, back-to-back (and I listened to the newly released album "Family Tree" yesterday night)...very mellow songs...and some songs feels unfinnished, like ideas he never fully developed into real songs...but still released among his original album outputs...very punk, if you ask me...

I've been going through an album with The Fall as well, UK-based post-punkish noize band (early 80:ies)...later 80:ies a lil more poppier...intresting stuff...Mark E. Smith (Singer and the only original member) has a very a-tonal (slightly nasal) voice when he sings the songs...intresting, I remember seeing them on MTV (when it was good) in the mid-late 80:ies and their weird videos that went along with these songs...

I've been downloading Elliott Smiths catalouge, as well as his Heatmiser stuff (hard to find)...and I'm gonna spend the next few days going through his heartbreaking songs...
Actually listening to Heatmiser right now, Mic City Sons-album...and it sounds great....not really punk, but very edgy so far...a lil dirtier form of acoustic rock...love it...awesome...

I can't wait to find new favourite songs to like and love...(goes for everything)...and to just share them with my friends while we're just hanging aorund and listen to these songs as you analyze them into bits of why they're so good or bad or whatever...I like to hear new/old songs that I haven't heard before (or forgot about) and to just wonder why this very song makes my world turn upside down and back again...in just a few minutes...

I dunno, I should be going to sleep already...it's 6AM Tuesday morning...got to work this evening again...and I want to have a lil daytime for me to enjoy...
...and not like yesterday morning, going to bed 9AM and waking up at 6PM (when waking up first at around 3PM and thinking "I'm just gonna chill a minute" and 3 hours passes in no time, geez)...and the day is gone...and that was 12 hours ago I got up...so...I had my share of "daytime" tonight...backwards...

Anyways...I think I'm done for now...hope you enjoyed the rant...

Inga kommentarer: