onsdag 17 oktober 2007

Blow Up The Butterflies - Muddy Shoegaze Rock

10:49PM...Wednesday eve...

So, here I sit, getting my buzz going on...still on the sober side of life...but slowly fading away towards the darker side of sobriety...anyways...

Yesterday, Tuesday...was a great day...in several aspects...first off, early in the morning (before I went to bed)...I, more or less, stumbled across something that you could easily call one o my new favourite bands...as from that point on, I was blown away of what was streaming out of the speakers...I couldn't shut it off before the song was over...and then I had to listen to it again...and again...while I was chasing the net for more tracks from this band...

I found 7 tracks out of 8 officially released ones...(and just an hour ago, I found out they released a 3 track promo CD as well)...so, there's some 11 tracks out there...only 4 missing...

Who am I talking about...? What's the buzz about...? Who are they...?

Butterfly Explosion

That's the name of the band...they're from Ireland...and their style reminds me of My Bloody Valentine, another irish band...and as MBV, Butterfly Explosion easily ranks among the top bands in the Shoegaze-genre...and they have still to release their full-length debut album...and, that should be happening sometimes around early 2008...

Besides discovering this awesome new band...I had the chance to hang out with my dear girl friend once again...we went through some stores and bought lot of electronic related junk and some CD's...just picking and pokeing on everything...and had a good talk, in-between the shoppings, about the general life and other on-going crap...

For once, I felt alive again...like I got an energize kick or something, out of it...well, I really needed it...and, I happen to like hanging out with my girl friend...you just never know what you gonna learn when you're around her...she's full of life and I try to feed of off it as much as possible when I'm around her...somedays it works and others it doesn't...

Today has otherwise gone in the vein of Butterfly Explosion, The Fall, My Bloody Valentine and at the moment, The Frames...muddy shoegaze rock...hmmm...

Nothing else really to rant about at the moment...so...

Laters...

Inga kommentarer: